Today is this handsome little devil's half-birthday.
How in the WORLD is he six months already?! It honestly blows my mind.
I wish I could say that we did something fun and exciting to celebrate such a milestone....
Unfortunately we have been passing around a little flu bug. Emma had it last week, it then got passed on to Blake, who then passed it on to me....so it was a day spent laying in bed, under a pile of tissues and empty water bottles, switching off Tylenol and Advil, and just praying the other three don't catch it.
So instead, I reminisced the past year by looking back through pictures and old blog posts.
I came across this one from January 29th 2012, exactly one year ago, the day I announced we were expecting #4. So much has changed in that year, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
There are so many things I want to remember about this little guy!
At 6 months.....
- Blake LOVES to be held, loved on, rocked, you name it. Good thing there are so many willing arms to hold him. He is so spoiled! And yet, I'm totally okay with it. Every night I get to rock him to sleep It is quite possibly my most favorite time of the day. I hate when my kids get too old to be rocked to sleep.
- He is still 100% breastfed. When he was first born we'd give him a bottle of formula every now and then so we could leave him with a babysitter. He has long since given that up. Our poor babysitters can't get him to take formula anymore. He also refuses to eat solids, even the good stuff like apples and bananas. He is perfectly content nursing, and so far he seems to be doing just fine with it.
- He loves to lay in bed next to me. Sometimes I'll out Lily down for a nap during the day and Blake and I will go lay in my bed. More often than not we'll both take a little cat nap. I've even found that if he's upset and I can't console him, if I go and lay him down in my bed, on my pillow, he calms right down.
- He can now roll over both ways, and is starting to stretch and reach for things around him. However, for the most part, he is content to just stay put. He'll only roll once, doesn't scoot or turn circles, and best of all.....he doesn't crawl! By this point my girls were crawling all the way across the room. I'm loving that this little guy doesn't go anywhere. I know he will start moving eventually, but the longer I can keep him my little baby, the better!
- Since Blake was born he has had too many colds to count (thanks to all those school germs the girls bring home). He has slept in a swing off and on since we brought him home. Whenever his nose starts running we bust out with the swing again. Thanks to the flu, he's back in the swing this week. However, his most favorite place to sleep is his carseat. This morning I had to run Ryan somewhere and Blake slept the whole time, and even slept in it after we got home. He finally woke up 3 hours later!
We love having this little boy in our family!
Happy 6 months to my sweet, snuggly, little guy!
Love you Blakers!